Sunday, January 14, 2007

Monster Face toy

I wish I had one of these when I was a kid. Produced by Hasbro in the early 90s,
"Monster Face" was a sort of horror-themed variation on Mr. Potato Head. With a wide assortment of disgusting parts to attach, it was just the kind of gross-out fun that children love.

In 1996, Hasbro teamed up with the makers of the "Goosebumps" book series and re-released this toy as "Monster Headmaker". (They even included instructions on how to create four of the most popular Goosebumps creatures using the set.)

I was able to track down PDFs of the original instruction manuals for each of these toys. Click here for "Monster Face" and here for "Monster HeadMaker".

6 comments:

Zach said...

I remember my cousin had this toy when I was little, and it really creeped me out. But it creeped me out enough to make me want to have it...I never did get it though. And I never even knew what it was called, until just a few days ago. I wish I had one now, but they're impossible to find!

Anonymous said...

That thing was awesome, I remember it had green ooze that came out of its nose when you pushed on that orange button.

aliceboy said...

I DO have it, and my 2.5-year-old daughter LOVES it! I only wish I could replace the slime and the degraded pulsating blister, so she could get the entire experience. But it's enough she has it AND the Potato Heads to choose from.

Anonymous said...

I had this when I was little. I wish I could find it now for my nephew. I had so much fun with it. I also want to get another Creepy Crawler maker..I loved that as a kid!

Wendy said...

I have a "new" in box 1992 Hasbro #7955 Monster Face. What is it worth? I am going to put it on eBay.
Wendy

R. Rocket said...

I had it. I got the green clay stuck in all the cracks and bumps. I wonder what happened to that thing?

Related Posts with Thumbnails